Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treating, Cookie Baking, and Birthday Planning

We had an EXTREMELY busy busy weekend.

FRIDAY ->
As soon as Kevin got out of work we headed to the base. We had tons of errands to do.. plus got groceries.. checked the mail.. and got subway for supper to take home. After we got home and settled and got the groceries put away I started doing a trial run of birthday cookies. I got this brilliant idea to make lady bug sugar cookies. First off, I've only ever made my mom's sugar cookies once, and they were terrible. After that, I vowed to never make them again. Well the cookies turned out AMAZING. They tasted just like my moms.. nice and thick and fluffy. I made homemade buttercream frosting and made it hot pink.. to decorate them I bought white decorating frosting.. and HATED how it looked and tasted.. so half of the cookies were junked and the next morning I made homemade limegreen frosting and decorated them. I was VERY pleased with how the turned out.. considering I'm like the worlds WORST decorator.




SATURDAY ->
As soon as I got up I went to decorating the cookies. We all got ready then headed to a friend's house for her daughter's birthday party. Rosalie really wasn't on her best behavior. She's going through this stage where she doesn't like noisy crowds. We left the party and went straight to the base and met our friends for trunk or treat. It was a very long and cold night. Rosalie had fun though running around and it was nice hanging out with the ladies. We got home around 8. Rosalie got a bath and was in the middle of eating her bedtime cereal and she zonked. lol. We took her to bed and shortly followed.


Her ears didn't stay on long.. she threw a tantrum until I told her she didn't have to wear them.
Rosalie and her bff Audrey
The Hollis family :) Rosalie's First Halloween
I look stupid but Rosalie was smiling so cute.
My two clowns.. they are just too goofy together. Guess that's why I love them so much :)

SUNDAY ->
Rosalie had her 1st Birthday portraits. She wasn't too cooperative...but so far what I have seen has turned out cute... which I'm not surprised, Paula does great work. If you are in Aviano you should check her out... Fritsche Photography. This was our second time working with her and she's awesome and very affordable!!! When we got home I spent the rest of the day making cookies. I made about 6 dozen hershey kiss cookies.. 2 dozen more lady bugs and frosted them, but they aren't decorated yet (I ran out of powdered sugar), and made about 4 dozen leaves and frosted them. Come bed time, I was EXHAUSTED. Then of course Rosalie didn't have a good night. I woke up at 3 to find our breaker kicked (which is oh too often here in italy).. i got back in bed and rosalie started fussing.. not anything for me to get her out of bed, but i listened to her fuss in her sleep for quite some time. She got up at 5 and ate and didn't want to go back to bed. Here's s sneak peak at birthday pictures :)

(Isn't her birthday outfit beautiful? I found it months ago online and fell in love with it. It matches her theme PERFECTLY. Colors and everything!!!!)




TODAY ->
I woke up feeling unbelievably tired. The weekend just caught up with me I guess. I finished frosting my leaf cookies.. I couldn't finish last night because my buttercream was getting to warm so I put it in the fridge and went to bed. I have gotten some laundry done and my ironing is all done. It is SO rainy here today, which makes for a lazy lazy day. I got Kevin's supper in the oven.. meatloaf and scalloped potatoes.. got bottles washed and made.. and now I'm relaxing and watching Big Bang Theory on the computer while Rosalie hogs the big tv with Spongebob. lol.

We have a busy week ahead of us.. cleaning and getting ready for the party.. so don't expect lots of updates! :)

CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment