Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

I have a recipe for chicken cordon bleu and I just can't seem to get it right... it's "okay". I found this recipe for a casserole and decided to give it a try and Kevin said it was really good! Of course since I'm dieting, you don't get my opinion hahah. I did change the type of ham that the original recipe called for.. it just called for sliced deli ham. I thought the cubes would give it a lil more texture. I didn't get to get a pic because Rosalie was having a screaming fit over her gums, so Kevin had to pull it out of the oven and hacked it apart before I got Rosalie pacified. Here it is!

CHICKEN CORDON BLEU CASSEROLE

Ingredients:
1 box stove top stuffing
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c milk
4 c cooked chicken (I use tyson ready grilled chicken)
1/4 teas pepper
1/2 of a 1lb bag of John Morell cubed fully cooked ham
about 4-5 slices of swiss cheese
1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar cheese (divided)

  • Prep stuffing according to directions on box
  • Combine cream of chicken and milk.
  • Place the cooked chicken in a 2 qt baking dish (GREASED)
  • Sprinkle with pepper
  • Layer with ham
  • Layer with swiss cheese
  • Next comes 1/2 c cheddar cheese
  • Add soup and milk mixture
  • Place stuffing on top
  • Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheddar cheese
  • Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes
  • Uncover and bake for another 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment