Friday, June 18, 2010

Twice Baked MASHED potatoes!


So don't be scared by the pic of all the cheese.. it totally makes the dish! I was very skeptical about making these because 1: the recipe called for sour cream and Kevin hates sour cream and 2: I never made homemade mashed potatoes.. but they turned out AMAZING and Kevin went crazy over them! (There may look like a lot of cheese, but trust me, there's a crap ton of potatoes under there!)


Here's the recipe!
Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients:
8 medium potatoes (peeled and cubed)
1/2 c sour cream (actually i used a lil less than 1/2 c just because Kevin hates sour cream and I didn't want the taste to be strong.. so I used somewhere between 1/4 - 1/2c
1/3 c butter
1 teas salt
1/4 teas pepper
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 strips of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
Chives

  • Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil; cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender
  • Drain and mash
  • Add sour cream, butter, salt and pepper.
  • Beat until smooth and fluffy
  • Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 qt baking dish
  • Sprinkle with cheese (make sure you use the whole cup! I almost didn't, but glad I did!), bacon, and chives. (Chives are optional.)
  • Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted @ 325
This serving makes A LOT. Kevin and I reheated them the next day and he even had enough left over for the following days lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment