Stuffed Chicken Breasts
3 chicken breasts
12c ripped bread
1 c finely chopped celery
1 c finely chopped onion
1/2 stick of butter
salt and pepper
- the morning prior to preparing this meal, rip your bread and chop celery and onions (you get the best result using an actual chopper)
- add salt and pepper and allow to sit all day and over night and all the next day
- do NOT cover.. you want your bread to get a little hard.
- the next day, take your chicken breasts, turn them on their side and hold in place with tongs
- cut a groove down through the middle... don't cut the whole way down to the botttom nor side to side.. you want to make a decent sized pocket.
- rub your chicken with olive oil and garnish with salt and pepper
- melt 1/2 stick of butter and add to stuffing mix
- add egg and mix
- stuff the stuffing in the pocket of the chicken
- keep packing it down in tightly.. you'll be surprised at how much will actually fit in the breast!
- loosely wrap in aluminum foil
- bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until juices run clear
- remove chicken from oven and open the tops of the foil
- place back in the oven for another 10 minutes