Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Past 5 Years.

It's been over 5 years since I graduated high school. I thought it would be fun to go back through the past 5 years and see where I was.

5 years ago: 2005
I had just graduated high school.
I was lifeguarding at an amusement park and it was probably one of the best jobs I ever had.. haha!
When I wasn't working... I was with Kayla and Abbey.
I was quite the wild child.
Every ounce of my paycheck went to American Eagle and Abercrombie.
I started dating Kevin in November of 2005.
I was starting college at Mount Aloysius with intentions of doing 2 years xray, 2 years ultrasound.

4 years ago: 2006
I had my first year of college under my belt.
I was doing summer clinicals at Winder hospital where it was pretty much hell.
Hadn't it of been for one of my instructors, I would have dropped out of the program because of Winder hospital.
I drove an hour and a half to Windber 5 days a week.. put in 7 hours of clinical time.. drove an hour to altoona.. and would lifeguard at the Summit Tennis and Athletic club until 10pm.. would drive half an hour home.. and REPEAT. It was EXHAUSTING.
On weekends I was usually at the club working.. 1 or 2 Saturdays a month and would do occasional birthday parties on Sundays.
I was taking an online Roman history class and one Saturday a month we met at the college. It was one of the most demanding classes I've ever taken and I didn't have the time for it be that demanding, but I finished the class with an A.

3 years ago: 2007
Kevin and I were now engaged.
I officially graduated from Mount Aloysius.
I decided x-ray was my calling and decided not to continue on for ultrasound because I no longer had a desire for it.
I was working at a mobile x-ray company.. mostly taking call. Worked a few days a week, but mostly took call from 4pm-7am and almost every weekend.
I spent most of my time in a car with no one but an x-ray machine.
I was taking a review class for my x-ray boards.
Took my boards in October and passed.. woooot!
I purchased my first vehicle.. (it was technically my 3rd vehicle, but this was the first one I purchased) an 08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X.
I blew whatever money I had left after paying my insurance and car payment at American Eagle and Abercrombie.. that still hadn't changed. lol

2 years ago: 2008
At one point I was working three jobs: MXI, Tryone Hospital, and Miners hospital.
I crosstrained into CT.
Miners offered me a full time position so I took it.
I worked mostly 2nd shift and took call. I loved it there.
Kevin was gone at BMT.
My life was devoted to working and wedding planning.
We married that December when Kevin came home on Christmas Exodus.

1 year ago: 2009
I was 6 months pregnant and miserable.
I had quit my job and moved across the world to live with Kevin in Europe and at that time was absolutely hating it.
I was tangled up with people that treated me like crap and put me down and only made my misery worse.
We were living in this tiny apartment that I absolutely hated.
It wasn't until October that we moved into the house we are living in today.
Rosalie was born in November and was such a beautiful blessing.

TODAY: 2010
Rosalie is 9 months old.
Still no x-ray job.. but I'm enjoying being a stay at home mom.. I couldn't imagine leaving this little girl with anyone else.
I'm about 15-20 lbs heavier than I was 5 years ago.. but I'm working on it. I've taken almost 50 off already so 20 lbs should be nothing!
I have the most amazing friends any girl could ask for!
I still wear American Eagle... but my wardrobe is nothing like it was before (hopefully I can fit into my pre-prego clothes soon!)
I hate buyin anything for myself... everything I buy is either for the home or Rosalie.
Gymboree is my new favorite store. lol
I spend my days watching spongebob.
We are totally loving Italy now.. we are doing and seeing sooo much.. it feels like home here!
I could not be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment