Monday, July 5, 2010

Long Over Due Update.....

Today I feel like I got hit by a truck full of wet garbage. Rosalie still is on her sleep strike. I don't know how much more I can take.. I've done pretty good so far.. considering for the past month, we sleep at most, 2 hours a night, but last night I cracked. I don't know what was so different about it or if it was just everything catching up with me, but I think I went over the edge.. okay I've complained, now time to move on.

This weekend was INSANE. Friday, I ran errands all afternoon, picked Kevin up from work, and we went for groceries because I didn't want to go to the base on Saturday because I figured it would be a ZOO. Well one of the stops I had to make was the Post Office because Rosalie's 4th of July outfit still hadn't came.. and of course, it wasn't there on Friday... so that meant we'd have to run back to the base on Saturday anyways.

Saturday, we headed to the base to hit the PO again, and SUPRISE, Rosalie's 4th of July outfit still didn't come. Boy was I jacked!!! I paid like $35 for a tutu just for the 4th of July, and it never came. The lady claimed she shipped it like 2 weeks ago.. I'm sure she lied. So Kevin decided to get his hair cut while we were there, then we headed to Area 1, where spontaneously, we bought a patio set. I know, crazy. It's BEAUTIFUL. We ended up hanging around base for a few hours waiting for our friends to come so they could take it to our house for us.

We got home around 4, and I still had to clean my house and make everything for the 4th of July.. but I got it all done by 6:30! After Roey went to bed, Kevin and I watched Dear John. I didn't know what to think of it... I loved the book, but was disquisted by the ending and suprisingly they changed the ending in the movie.. so I don't know. I guess it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be!

Sunday, we had a 4th of July party here. Despite the rain, it was a blast! Our friends are pretty much the best... and Roey had fun playing with Audrey too! :) We headed to the base around 9:30 for the fireworks. The fireworks show was really good this year.. they said it was going to be a 25 minute show, but it was def longer than that.. and Rosalie LOVEEEED them! When we left for the base she was down for the night.. as soon as I walked into her room to get her she woke up. (My intentions were to take her in her PJs and just let her sleep).. well she was wide awake, stayed awake the whole way to the base, and stayed up for the fireworks. After the show, we weren't even off the base yet and she crashed!

Yesterday was a down day for us.. we just kinda chilled.. it was def nice and relaxing..

Today.. I don't see myself doing a whole lot. I have gotten laundry done and put away.. Roey's crib sheets stripped and washed.. her high chair stripped and washed.. and her baby book updated.. that'll probably be the extent of what I'll do!

It's almost Ro's nap time, so I'll do a Roey update this afternoon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment