Monday, January 3, 2011

Why Hello 2011

You know what's funny about a new year starting? I'll still be writing 2010. It'll take me until about May to say or write 2011 without thinking about it or having to turn 2010 to 2011 on a check. haha.

2010 was really good to us.

At the start of 2010, Rosalie was almost 2 months old. She basically just ate, slept, and pooped. The end of 2010, she was almost 14 months old.. talking up a storm, walking like crazy, busy and curious and has a mouth full of teeth. It's been fun watching her grow and learn. It'll be crazy to see how much she changes in 2011 as she enters the Terrible 2s, which I'm pretty we've been in since she was 9 months! lol!

We've seen so many beautiful European cities and countries and have been so blessed to be given this opportunity. The best part was being able to see some of them with my mom and being with her as she lived out her dream of seeing Italy.

We were able to visit the United States and Rosalie was able to spend 3 months with family that she never gets to see other than via skype.

I have many high hopes and goals for 2011.

First and foremost, my weight loss resolution. Last year my resolution was to lose 50 lbs. I easily achieved that. This year, I plan to lose 20 lbs. Starting today. I'm looking forward to seeing the old me again.

I've been trying to get back to the old me and I don't mean just looks wise... my old inner self. I use to love to read for pleasure and write and exercise. Somewhere between moving to Europe and having a baby, I lost myself. I stopped reading and just don't have the energy to exercise. Starting at Christmas, I started digging into books again. Since Christmas, I've polished off 3 books and am halfway through my 4th. It feels great to do something that I love again. I'm making it a goal to read at least one new book a month. I've also been emailing my bestfriend from back home a few times a week and I hope to continue that. Granted, I won't be emailing her when I'm back in the states because i'll see her all the time, but while in Italy, I don't want to lose touch with her or create any distance. I want it to be like I'm still back in Berwinsdale and her and I keeping each other updated on every single moment of each other's lives. Having her so active in my life again makes me feel like the old me. I've also been making a point to write to another friend back home that I use to work with at least once a month. As for exercising, i'm making it a goal to make sure I hit the Wii Fit at least 4 days a week for at least 30 minutes a day. It may not be much, but it's a start and is better than nothing.

2011 has many trips in store for us. Rosalie and I will be venturing back to the states for a long visit while Kevin's deployed. Say a prayer for safe and easy travels for us and for Daddy to stay safe. Once Kevin returns, we plan on visiting Salzburg, Austria.. Garmish, Germany.. Rome & Volterra, Italy.

Here's to a new year that be filled with health, love, and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment