Monday, November 9, 2009

Finding a way for everyone to stay in touch with rosalie <3

So I finally caved into the blog world and decided to create one. I figured this would be a great way to keep everyone updated on Rosalie since not everyone has facebook!

Let's begin.

It all started last Friday, October 30th. I went in for my routine follow up with the baby doc. I thought for sure it would be an in and out appointment because I had been feeling great and everything seemed to be going great with the pregnancy. My blood pressure ended up being a litle high and since it was the second time, Dr Allen insisted we take immediate action. He wanted to induce me right then and there, but we decided to run some tests first. He sent me for blood work and then to labor and delivery. I was monitored in labor and delivery and my blood pressure stayed down and Rosalie was doing fine. When my bloodwork came back normal, Dr Allen gave me the okay to go home, but first he wanted to do an ultrasound. He did a portable exam. Rosalie looked great and there was a good amount of fluid, but he was getting a low birth weight. He threw up the red flag and said I couldn't go home. He sent Kevin and I to get lunch and then to Radiology to have another ultrasound done. That hour between labor and delivery and Radiology was the LONGEST hour of my life. The ultrasound showed a completely different weight, which was a complete relief. Doc gave me the final okay to go home, but he wanted to set up an induction the beginning of the following week.

Tuesday, November 3rd, I woke up at 4:30 to start getting ready for the hospital. We got there at 7am. They got me all set up in a room, started an IV, then it was just a matter of waiting for the midwife to come in. At my
appointment on Friday, Doc said I was dilated 3cm. When the midwife checked me, I was still only 3cm. No change over the weekend. At 8:30am they began in the induction and started the pitocin. Hours passed and nothing was happening. They kept up'ing the pitocin, but nothing! no contractions! I was getting little ones here and there, but no pattern.

We worked all day and nothing. They couldn't even break my water because Rosalie wasn't dropped down into position. We worked til about 10pm and finally we decided to call it a night. They shut the pitocin off, let me shower, and get something to eat. Then I sent Kevin home. There was no point in making him stay the night if nothing was going to happen.

Wednesday morning, November 4th, a 3rd person came on board in hopes of bringing Rosalie into the world -- Dr Genrich. He checked me and as
anticipated, no change over night. This then brought up the question is Rosalie just not ready? Or is there a problem that's preventing her from dropping into place? We decided to go the safest route and do a c-section. Since I couldn't get into the OR until 12:30, we decided to try more pitocin and see if in that 5 hours if Rosalie might do something. After 5 hours, nothing. It was off to the OR we went!

By 12:56pm, Rosalie entered the world!

The first day was the hardest. I was having such a hard time coming back from the surgery. There wasn't any pain, but the anesthesia they adminstered made me nauseated. Finally on day 2 the nausea subsided! On Friday, November 6 we were discharged and we couldn't wait to get our little angel home!

We're all doing great! My staples are out and I'm slowly healing. Rosalie is a pleasant little girl and is eating and sleeping just great for us! Kevin has been such a great help and has completely impressed me. He's actually a baby hog! He is so in love with that little girl and I can't help but smile when I see the way he looks at her!

So now that I have rambled enough, here's the part everyones been waiting for-- pictures! Until next entry.. ENJOY!












No comments:

Post a Comment