Monday, June 27, 2011

Sickness, Scratchin Dog, Sand, Poolside, Toddler Bed, Bows, and Vacay

Holy man.. I know it's been forever since I've actually sat down and wrote a family update. In the month of June we visited 2 different countries.. Austria and Ireland. I haven't gotten around to writing about Ireland and I apologize.. I took soo many pics and am making a photobook with them. I wanted to wait until the book was done to do the update just because I have so many pictures. We are heading to Germany in less than 2 weeks for four days! In August we have trips booked to Rome and to Tuscany to go to Volterra (famous from the Twilight books!) and San Gimignano. I still really want to do Paris, but right now I just don't think it's going to happen. After these trips are said and done we'll have burnt through most of our vacation money. We probably could swing it, but we're trying to save as much as we can because our PCS is right around the corner! We should know by November where our next home will be! Just a sneak peak of Ireland! This is where we stayed at... Dun Laoghaire (pronounced Dun Leary).


Gorgeous isn't it. I absolutely LOVED it here!

Rosalie and I have both been terribly sick since we got back from Ireland. I imagine going from one extreme climate to another did her in... and naturally she passed it off to me. She did go to the doctors just to make sure her ears were clear. We're feeling a little bit better, but now 100% up to par.

Buddy also went to the vet yesterday. His allergies have gotten out of control since we took him off the steroids the Italian vet put him on. It's not good for him to be getting steroids the way he was. We took him to the base vet and they put him on regular benadryl, fish oil, a new flea medicine, and allergy shampoo. We just started everything last night so I can't really say if its working or not.

We've also taken another big step in the Hollis house... Rosalie has moved to a toddler bed. It was very spur of the moment. When we went to Ireland Rosalie had to sleep with us because the pack n play they provided was too small for her and she wouldn't sleep in it. We were both nervous because she had only ever slept in a crib. Well, she did GREAT. We decided that she might be ready to move to a toddler bed. I started searching online for a bed that would ship APO.. nothing I found that I liked would. I didn't want an expensive bed and I didn't want a junky bed. We just wanted to put her in a toddler bed to start transitioning her because when we go back to the states she'll be getting my old bed that goes with all of her bedroom furniture. Then Friday evening Kevin and I were in the BX and they got Disney Princess beds in.. well we bought it and tried it out that night. She's doing okay with it. A lot better than we expected, but she's getting up at least once in the middle of the night (she stays in bed at least) and she's getting up earlier than normal for the day. Rosalie has never been a good sleeper so I think this transition has been cake. I think we picked the perfect time.. not too early and not too late. She loves her little bed. If we're upstairs she'll run in and grab her books and take them to her bed. I can't believe how fast she's growing up!

I've been crazy busy with bows. I have a bunch of orders to fill this week, plus orders needing delivered.. I'm def keeping busy during naptime!

That's basically about it.. we've been spending our days playing in the sand.. hanging poolside.. and cruising around in Rosalie's lil buggy. We're def enjoying our last summer here in Italia!




Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! Remember the reason for your freedom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment