Thursday, December 9, 2010

Doctors out the wazoo.

Yesterday seemed to be the longest day. Ever.

I had a dental appointment at 9am. I've been having a lot of pain in the back of mouth, top left. I finally made a dental appointment because I figured if I had a bad tooth that I should get it fixed before Kevin deploys just in case if something went wrong or anything. I woke up at 5:15... of course, Rosalie decided to sleep in. I love how days I have to get up early she actually sleeps. Never fails. Anyways.. we picked Kevin up from work and headed to the dentist. I was seen right away.. and was out of there in 20 minutes. Nothing is wrong with my teeth. Actually the dentist said I had perfect teeth! X-rays showed that my sinuses are completely filled with fluid and are pushing down onto the roots of my teeth and that's what is causing me pain. I knew I had bad allergies but I didn't know it was that severe. She referred me to my primary care physician to do something about the sinuses. Of course, they couldn't see me until 4:00.

In the mean time, while I was in the dentist, Kevin took Rosalie down to Peds to get her eye looked at. The area around her has been red and her eye has been watering really bad. Yesterday it was REALLY bad. Of course, they wouldn't just look at it.. she needed an appointment, so they made her one for 3:20.

We took Kevin back to work and went home. We got home around 10ish and left again around 2. Before the appointments we went to the wonderful Doris's house because I bought some gymboree clothes from her. They are so stinken cute.. I can't wait til Rosalie can fit into them.. she'll probably be able to wear them around the time we're back in PA. Thanks Doris :)

We hit up the post office and then went to Rosalie's appointment. The doctor had no clue what was wrong with her eye... but he did know that it WASN'T pink eye (well i knew that) and there wasn't an infection. The whites of her eye looked great. He gave me this ointment for her eye. We put it on last night (i haven't yet this morning) but her eye is already looking better so it must be working.

Next was my appointment. I guess I have a sinus infection on top of the allergies.. so he put me on a z-pack... and then a cocktail of meds for my allergies. I'm not kidding.. he prescribed me FOUR things for my allergies. This morning, I already feel better. I can breathe through my nose for the first time since we've arrived in Italy.. I can actually smell things other than really strong scents... my nose isn't constantly running and i wasn't up all night with them. I don't feel really groggy. Ah it's awesome.

On another note, I've been on my diet for 3 days now and i've been sticking to it. I'm hoping I can stick to it. I've even worked out the past 2 nights. I feel great. I want these last 10 lbs GONE.

And how about some new pics of Rosalie...


Watching tv with her dad.. you think she likes him just a lil?
Writing a letter to Uncle Mike who is in Afghanistan
Cutie-Pa-Tootie
I think she went from infant to toddler over night

Haha I love her.. such a goof.. wearing her Pats gear from Aunt Sandy.. Daddy doesn't approve haha

welllll.. CIAO.

No comments:

Post a Comment