Monday, May 31, 2010

Ran Out of Gas a Mile Back..


It seems as though I just can't catch a break. Roey was finally starting to get back on schedule.. then memorial day rolls around.. and of course our neighbors have a "rock band party". They are ridiculous with it. Well they had Roey up at 11:00 and after that it was all downhill. She was up every 2 hours. The next night I was hoping for some relief, but nope. Teething. She woke up a few times throughout the night.. nothing big.. then at 4 am she started screaming. Nonstop. Ear piercing screaming. Maybe she was just paying my neighbors back. So here we are 5:30am, and she's wide awake. It's going to be a rough day.

Our Memorial Day weekend was kind of a bust. Saturday Roey and I had a birthday party to go to. It was nice to be around other people for a change lol.. and Roey had fun playing with her friend Jasmine, but we really didn't get to spend much time with Kevin on Saturday. Sunday was a big waste. We planned on going to Bricofer, which is an Italian hardware/lawn and garden store.. and to the Italian Toy store. I found online that Bricofer opened at 2:30, so we headed to Pordenone. We really needed light bulbs.. we have had 3 blow since we've been back in Italy and they don't sell the bulbs we need on base. Plus, we heard about this awesome weed killer, so we figured we would get it and give it a shot. Anyways, we got there and the sign said they didn't open back up til 3:30. (As you may have guessed by now, Italian's operate on ridiculous hours) We decided to head to the base and get a few things and kill some time. So we did that.. then headed back to Pordenone. Well apparently the Italian's decided not to open up at all that day. Unreal. Our whole day was spent driving back and forth to Pordenone. Yesterday, I spent the day cleaning. I know.. I should have spent it relaxing with Kevin.. but I took advantage of him being home. I always clean on Mondays, and I figured I'd still do it and it would be a whole lot easier since he'd be able to keep an eye on Ro. By the end of the day, I was spent.

Let's see what else has been going on. Not a whole lot of anything. Ro has been EXTREMELY whiny lately.. I'm not sure if it's her teeth of if it's this messed up sleep schedule that she's falling into.. whatever it is, momma is gettin pretty close to that edge. She's also very mobile these days. She's into absolutely everything. Her biggest obsession is our tv stand. She tries to get behind it to get cords. I seriously spend 89% of my day pulling her away from it!

Other than me being at my wits end, I guess that's all I have for now.. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment