Friday, October 21, 2011

Nutella Cookies


Before arriving in Europe, I had no idea what Nutella was. Sure it's an European product, but it is available in the US.. it's just not widely advertised like it is here. We actually lived here for a good year before ever trying it. It's like a hazelnut chocolate. SO yummy. Nutella tastes great on just about everything! Rosalie likes it on bagels and animal crackers. If you've never seen it or heard of it, if you are in PA, I'm pretty sure Giant Eagle carries it. In our grocery stores it's found near the peanut butter.

NUTELLA COOKIES

Ingredients:
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c SOFTENED butter (don't melt it in the microwave! It'll make your cookies flat!)
2/3 c granulated sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 c Nutella
1 c semi sweet chocolate chips (you could probably use milk chocolate chips if you prefer, but I used semi sweet and they turned out perfect.. so I can't vouch for how they would taste!)

~Preheat Oven to 375
~Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside
~Cream butter, sugar, & brown sugar
~Add eggs and vanilla
~Add flour mixture to sugar mixture
~Stir in the nutella. I swirled mine through... it gave my cookies that black/white appearance!
~Add chips
~Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes. I found that 9 minutes was perfect in my oven. Pull them out when they look like they aren't quite done, but almost. Let them cool on the sheet. They'll be PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment