Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year. A New Me.

Last year I set a list of goals for myself that I can proudly say, I worked at, and bettered myself.

I wanted to lose 20 lbs.. and I did it before Kevin returned from his deployment. But, *le sigh*, within the past few months I managed to put 7 of those lbs back on. I started a new medication in May and when I started it, it seemed like no matter what I did I could not lose weight.. nor, could I gain it. With that being said, I gave up on trying to lose weight and figured since I wasn't gaining, I might as well enjoy it. A few months ago, my body apparently adjusted to this new medicine and I started gaining weight. I've had no motivation to take it off.

Another goal for last year was to start reading more. Well, I shouldn't say start.. but more or less get back into reading. I set a goal to read at least 1 new book a month. 2011 came to an end, and I have read about 50 new books! haha!

I wanted to start exercising more. I started off really strong until Rosalie and I went to the states. I've been on and off with my exercising and I'm disgusted with how I did this year. I've started off 2012 a lot better though!

Lastly, I wanted to get back in touch with old friends and rekindle our friendship to what it use to be. My two bestfriends and I are closer than we have been the past four years. I feel like a piece of my heart is back and I no longer feel empty and feel like I don't have anyone (other than my family of course!).

SO that brings us to this year. What do I plan to do this year?

I plan to better myself. First off, no more negativeness. I'm weeding the negative out of my life. Any people or feelings I have, are gone. I'm trying hard to be a very positive person.. I realize, what's the point of negativity? All it does is bring you down and the people around you.

I want to continue with my reading and continue my goal of 1 book a month just because I need that get-away. When I'm reading, it's just me. It's not for Rosalie. It's not for Kevin. It's not housework and it's not cooking. It's not laundry and it's not bows. It's about the most selfish thing I do! LOL! I don't need "alone" time. I can be sitting next to Roey on the couch with a book in my hand and for that time I get lost in my own world. A book is the break that I need!

Next, I want to work on my body, since I got the soul part covered with the negativeness and my mind covered with the reading. I plan to start eating better. No dieting. Just weeding the junk out of my life that I put into my body. So far I have cut out any means of junk food or candy. (Oh i'm like a 5 year old.. candy is my weakness). I have been keeping plenty of fresh fruit and veggies in the house so when I feel the need to snack. I feel great. I don't feel so tired all the time. I also have been religiously working out four days a week *gasp*. I asked for the Biggest Loser for the Kinect for Christmas and Kevin got it for me. It's intense. What I love best about is how it's structured. My trainer picks my workout every day. I do circuit training to work on the areas that they feel need the most work. It does a full body scan to show which areas need how much work. I feel like I'm getting wayyyy more from it than I ever did the wii! If you want to get serious about exercising, but aren't sure how to without going to the gym.. I def recommend buying it!

So that's it. A new me. That's all I want this year. hahah!

2011 was a pretty good year for us. We traveled.. A LOT. We went to Ireland.. Austria.. Germany.. Tuscany. We went to Venice (again), Venzone, and local places with my family. Seeing Ireland has always been a dream of mine. My family has such a strong Irish heritage and I'm really glad I got to visit where that heritage originated.

Ladybug Creations started. It's crazy how it began. I started making bows for Rosalie and before I knew it... they were selling like hotcakes. I have so many loyal customers that have made it all possible!

We made it through our first deployment. We came out stronger than ever!

2012 brings so many new changes for us as we venture back to America to begin our lives in Alabama! Prayers that the next few months go without glitches! I can't want to see what the new year has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment