Saturday, August 30, 2014

DIY Fall Pumpkin Blocks

After discovering how mod podge and tissue paper make such a neat design, I became obsessed. I created these bad boys. No painting required!

What you will need:
4 pieces of scrap wood
Tissue paper
Construction paper
Mod podge
Floral wire
Burlap
Stencil
Sticks (I purchased mine at Michaels. I'm not sure what they were called but they were a few inches long and I just had my husband cut them with saw)

Start with your tissue. Cut it into strips. I did mine about 1 inch wide. Mod podge it to the wood. Apply a layer of mod podge over top.
Allow to dry.
Take your construction paper and trace out your letters. *tip: I used white chalk!* cut them out.
Mod podge the letters to the blocks once the blocks are dry. Apply a layer over top as well.

Glue your toppers on. I heavily used hot glue.
I then tied a piece of burlap around it.
I took my floral wire and folded it in half. I then went from one end and loosely wrapped it around my finger half way up. Then slid my finger out and loosened up the curls. I did the same thing to the other side and just wrapped it around the topper!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment