Monday, December 12, 2011

Recycled Crayons

I came across this on pinterest and wanted to slap myself upside my head for never thinking of it! We have a ziploc bag with crayons that Rosalie had broke. I transformed about 8 broken jumbo crayons into 5 cute heart recycled crayons! I figured I would share my tutorial because really it is genius!

Take all your broken crayons and peel off of the wrappers. Chop them up into pieces and throw them in a bowl . This time I did them all rainbow mix, but next time I think I'll do them in coordinating colors.


You'll see in the picture that I did use a few regular sized crayons too. I had about 4. Regular sized crayons never last long in our house because Rosalie breaks them quickly. These weren't broken, but I figured I might as well add them.

Next, grease muffin pans. I have a heart shaped muffin pan that I scored at Target after Valentine's Day last year. I have never used it lol.. until now! I would have never have thought I'd be using it to make crayons!

Fill each muffin with crayons. Depending on how chunky you want them depends on how deep you want to fill them. I decided to go as chunky as possible so I filled them the whole way.

Heat your oven to 250. Place the crayons in the oven for about 15 minutes. Pull out of oven and let cool. I let mine cool for about 15 minutes until the pan was safe to touch, then placed them in the freezer to speed up the process.

I won't lie... when they came out looking solid colors I was skeptical.

After 15 minutes in the freezer.. I had these!




Do this! Your toddler will love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment